We had a really great time during our very first Taco Tuesday class! All of the kids were wonderful chefs. Here are some highlights:
• Onions really do sting your eyes, but that didn't stop anyone!
• We learned how to easily remove the skin from garlic.
• The food processor made making the salsa a breeze, we even included the stems from the cilantro.
• Some were initially skeptical, but they all liked the salsa! We took a quick break to try it with some chips.
• The potato masher was quite fun to use to mash the avocados.
• Everyone juiced their own lime, and then took a lick of the remaining pulp. Some liked, some did not!
• We decided against using the stems from the cilantro in the guac. And skipped the garlic.
• Everyone did great with the eggs, so we skipped the video that I had listed on the recipe sheet.
• Some of them mastered turning on the gas burners!
• They all did great making their own tortilla dough, and flipped them on the stove.
It was a great success and I can't wait for our next Taco class. If you are interested in learning more or registering your child click on the link below.