One night last week, my daughter declared that we had 'no good desserts'. We LOVE chocolate peanut butter cups, so I suggested we make our own. A quick google search led to a plethora of recipe options. I picked one with few ingredients and good reviews and an hour later, we had a really good dessert!
Have you ever wondered how the peanut butter gets in the middle of a chocolate peanut butter cup? So did we.
- You put a small amount of melted chocolate on the bottom of a mini-paper muffin cup, and spread it out.
- Then you add a dollop of peanut butter filling.
- And finally you add more melted chocolate to fully cover the peanut butter.
- Pop it in the fridge to harden and voila, the peanut butter is securely in the middle!
So, what did I love about this kitchen activity, besides the delicious result?
- Good 'ole quality time with my kids!
- We learned how to create something step by step.
- We can pronounce ALL 5 of the ingredients! We even made our own peanut butter!
Do you want to try it at home? Here's a link to the recipe we found on the New York Times cooking page: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1018460-chocolate-peanut-butter-cups Ours turned out exactly like those pictured. But we devoured them before I could snap my own pics!